Monday, July 09, 2007

Project Proposal


Feyza Çeliktaş


For my project, I’d like to take the process of writing to a metaphorical level. This process of writing consists of the interaction between the writer and life. There’s a certain give and take relationship which is the basic idea for this project.

Since a writer takes something from life, manipulates it and gives it back I thought what I’ll be doing needs to be similar. The closest I can get to this is through physically taking something from life and manipulating it in a sense a writer would psychologically do. My plan is making collages with the quotes/paragraphs from writers/writers’ works (they’ll either be cut out from photocopies or typed by me). The background for all these collages will be some paper that I’ll have on floor (in stripes, maybe) that the audience will step on and stain consciously or unconsciously. Through this, I hope to achieve some collage-work that still belongs to the writer but is made by me and the audience.This physical process will be my performance and it’ll be done during the happening. The collages may be displayed or given out to the audience.

No comments: