Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Project Proposal

before i talked about the way of my intermediatic job,i should say that it's really hard to me write a proposal,at least for a person like me.

since,as we talked about in the lecture,I always believe that my art understanding is composed of process of creating,sp i usually don't-almost never feel myself secure in saying that"ok.it's finished" and may be because of this reason i used to begin again and again to the same pieces.art becomes something alive for me,it's living ,growing and one day it would reach a conclusion,it died-just like an human being.Especially after coming of sufism influences into my life,i noticed more clearly the similarity of work of art and humans.That's why i explained all that,because these ideas creates the main story of my inermediatic work.

according to sufism and islamic mysticisim,cosmos is created again and again every simple day and there is a circle of creation,like all the circles of the life.and these occurance of "every new day is a new day"idea and every new step for reaching to the end,makes "the life" actually "the way".

and the interesting point is that,this way is going back to the basics,instead of images of future.more over,these journey to the basics is formed by minimal power of humans,as a nucleus which i mean this journey begins like back to the soul,which is really deep actually for explaining with my language restrictions.but i can say that the way of human,that is going to the himself again,just a spiritual way to the soul (kendine dönme).And it can just occur with rejecting and givinp up everything,even all the thing they have,even their personality.
at this point sufism begins to influence me and interacts with my intermedia project,as i explained until now,in three subject.

these are;
1.my work would be living,may be no one can witness that it reaches its end.
2.my work would be a journey which is going to the basics.
3.my work would be a symbol of giving up,leaving all the human kind emotional weaknesses,so the personality,especially the ambition.

and these three points creates my intermediatic idea "basic white,name-stamped t-shirts" which is totally not clear now,but symbolize leaving ourselves.

No comments: