Friday, December 01, 2006

Marina Abramovic - A Yugoslavian performance artist.

Biography that is a blend of realism and the imaginary to retell the life of a Yugoslav performer, Marina Abramovic. With rituals, based on the use of her own body, she explores the bounds of her physical and psychological resistance. This is not, however, mere reproduction of Abramovic's presentations, but rather of building a new reality: the performances are translated into cinema images and built into the fictional context of the film. Marina Abramovic plays herself, and assumes different forms that repeatedly distort or obscure her real identity. Memories blend with fantasy, dreams, artistic rituals, and day-to-day life - as if she were trying to look both ways at the same time, like a head with two faces, one turned towards the past and the other towards the future. This is an endeavor to discover herself and also to lend form to the creative process, with a narrative that frees itself from chronology and follows along with only image and sound. (source ubuweb)



EXPANSION IN SPACE




RELATION IN TIME

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! After all I got a web site from where I be able to in fact obtain helpful data
concerning my study and knowledge.

My weblog :: laser cellulite treatment

Anonymous said...

Having read this I believed it was extremely informative.
I appreciate you taking the time and effort to put this information together.
I once again find myself personally spending a lot of time both reading and leaving comments.
But so what, it was still worth it!

My website; natural cellulite treatment